Lately, I've been thinking I am losing it, but I suspect my husband is having it worse.
So far, Lady Perimenopause has been somewhat easy on me and has not brought about anything unexpected. Hot flushes, anger, casual dizziness - bring it on.
However, I am not sure what my husband is suffering from (sympathy pains, maybe), but he has been ranting constantly. If there is a lull in the conversation or some quiet time at home - not good. Not good at all. It's the same as when your toddler goes quiet - the outcome is never a good one.
When it's quiet, my husband is usually up to something that is fueling a forthcoming verbal eruption - working out of hours, looking at house prices or reading the news. Uh-oh. I know its coming.
I much prefer it when he is actually ranting - though even my (non-existent) patience has its limits. Like, a few days ago, we were passing a billboard at a bus stop. It was showing a man eating a sandwich - advertising the ham. One glance and my husband was off: who puts so much ham in a sandwich??? Are they mad? This is unrealistic and no ham would be left after just a couple of sandwiches... and so on. You get the gist.
Deep sigh.
ha, I remember him as a patient and smiling character, easy to get along with, even while playing 3d shooters, he wasn't bloodthirsty. he was laughing his head off (pun intended, but let's he explain it to you 😅) while being butchered by friends 😇 after all his nickname was sarma_v_mraka 🤠so no resemblance with your description, and not even speaking about the cartoon - he's quite different 🤣
ReplyDeleteThat's what middle age will do to you. And possibly marriage :)
ReplyDelete